Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

The OP Challenge.....

I shouldn't read blogs....really I shouldn't. But I do have my favorite's.....and it seems like these ladies were joining in a virtual quilt retreat/challenge for this weekend. Pat Sloan was hosting.



So the challenge is to dig out the orange you have and use it to make something, anything. She gave out instructions for a block to use in the challenge. I watched the progress on Facebook and Pat's site. I went to bed last night creating in my head.....envisioning the orange I have in my stash. Then this morning as more blocks were revealed I couldn't stop my brain. I HAD to join in.

This afternoon I dug out all my orange, sat down on Jess's EQ6 and came up with......



I believe the fabrics are a combination of two Sandy Gervais lines....yes, I was bummed I didn't win Carrie's giveaway!! I love Sandy fabric! Anyway.....I happened to make this fully from scraps I had. Thus the color placement is based on the scraps. I knew I only had enough for three blocks so I decided on a table runner.

Phew....with that out of my system I can get back to pinning!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome runner!!! So glad you played with us, got to try out orange, AND you used up stuff..... much goodness!

Anonymous said...

opps... clicked too soon on last post.. from pat sloan the OP host!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...